Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fashion Week

Do you know what happened this past week? Only one of the biggest events in New York City: Fashion Week. For one week, all the hip designers show off their latest styles. They show off what they think the "in look" will be. The in look for who? When I searched "fashion week 2008 new york" I came across about 9.7 million webpages. One of the websites that I clicked on(http://www.wwd.com/fashion-season-microsite/spring-ready-to-wear-2009/new-york/review) showed me pictures of some of the hottest looks from Fashion Week. One of the dresses that they showed starts at the top of the dress with a light tan color and the color ends up at black on the bottom of the dress. The top is very low cut and there is a fabric flower that looks to be the size of my head around the left hip area. This dress was seen at the 4xF show. On the website it is described as, "...the best look in the show — Magalis Garcia’s earthy, hand-dyed chiffon dress with a burlap and twig clutch." How was this dress the best dress of the show? I really have no answer for that. How many of these dresses do they sell? I can't see them selling more than five. After all, what kind of socialite wants to be seen wearing the same dress as someone else. Who would wear this dress in real life? Women who want to be known as women who can afford such "high class" articles of clothing. It seems like most of the time many people are too concerned with the name of the brand then the actual clothes. What makes a person, their personality or the clothes that they wear?

No comments: